Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tuesday Night: Slow-cooked Tuna, Squash Fritters

I couldn't take the idea of any more leftovers last night, so I made something new.

For the tuna I used yellowfin (frozen from TJs) and baked it with salt, pepper, and a bit of canola oil at 300. I served it with a sauce made from mayo, salsa, and chives. This was nice, but I think I could have pulled it from the oven a bit quicker than I did.

The squash fritters were made with squash from last week's CSA box following a recipe in CPV. Even after having eaten it, I'm still amazed that something with that much lemon zest (basically the zest of one lemon per serving) can come out being so good. With most other cookbooks I would have (wrongly) reduced the amount, but Alice Waters seems pretty reliable... :-)

We also had sauteed asparagus and a green salad.

No comments: