Monday, January 05, 2009

Sunday Dessert: Coconut-mango sorbet

A dessert improv driven by the mango we picked up yesterday and the leftover coconut milk from the rendang.


My original plan was to just do mango slices with coconut creme, but that didn't seem right since we wouldn't have sticky rice with it. Instead I took half the mango and pureed it very well with the 200ml of thick coconut milk, a pinch of salt, most of the juice of a lime, and 4cl of rum. This went into the freezer. The remaining mango half I sliced, drizzled with the remaining lime, and put in the fridge. I stirred the sorbet mixture every 20 minutes until my patience ran out (it was more of a mousse texture than sorbet) and then served it garnished with mango slices and sprinkled with brown sugar.

Very nice stuff. 

No comments: