We had a smaller group this year so the preparations somehow seemed easier (which doesn't make much sense at all).
This year's spread:
- roasted turkey
- stuffing (bread, leeks, mushrooms, carrots, celery, thyme, celery, sage, roasted-chicken stock)
- mashed potatoes
- sweet potatoes (cooked in their own liquid in the pan, a la Cooks Illustrated).
- green beans (roasted a la Cooks Illustrated then topped with shaved almonds to reheat)
- green salad (nüssli, cranberries, walnuts)
- chopped salad (raddicchio, spitzkohl, carrots, minced onion, cress)
- pumpkin soup with chestnuts
- a chocolate and pecan cake brought by guests
- the usual spiced almonds
- a few varieties of olives
- beets: baked in foil then peeled, diced, and tossed with chopped walnut, rosemary, rapeseed oil, balsamico, salt, and white pepper.
- salami and möstbrockli.