Monday, January 24, 2005

Sunday Night: Choux croute garni

I finally got around to making choux croute this weekend. The recipe is from Bourdain, and I didn't do too much monkeying around with it. I got all the meats at Dittmers and used:
- Fresh pork belly (buried in salt for a couple of hours)
- Kasseler rippchen
- Weisswurst (I haven't gotten these at Dittmers before, they are *good*)
- Polish sausage
My only real alteration to the recipe was to splash a small amount of wine over the sauerkraut before serving.

The result was really, really good. I think maybe next time I won't choose the Polish sausage, but that's a minor complaint.

One potential variation: the whole time I was eating the sauerkraut, a little voice was calling out that it would be even better with a small amount of caraway added. Convincing Andrea of this may prove difficult. :-)

No comments: