Wednesday, January 05, 2005

There's No Way I'm Catching Up...

It's going to be impossible for me to catch up from the holidays, so I won't even really try. Some highlights though:

  1. I made braised beef with horseradish-dill sauce and potato dumplings on christmas day, that was great
  2. Andrea and I had a fantastic Turkish meal in Vienna at Nizams
  3. Dinner at The Wharf in Alexandria was, as always, fabulous. The oysters were the best I've had in quite some time (though I think I prefer the French garnish of shallots in vinegar to cocktail sauce), and it's been forever and a day since I had cioppino (no rockfish special on the menu forcing me to order it, so cioppino it was)... mmmm was that good. Too bad I had no room for bread pudding.
  4. I'm very proud of myself and Kristen for managing to get lunch on the table for 25 people on New Years Day after a very late night.

No comments: