Monday, October 17, 2005

Saturday Catchup

For lunch on Saturday I made onion sandwiches from JPT and a improv'ed chicken soup with tomatoes and a bit of chorizo. After eating a raw-onion sandwich, the soup was a nice change. :-)

Later in the day I managed to cut the crap out myself while dicing an onion and not paying sufficient attention to what I was doing. Andrea ended up suffering more from this than I did, because she then had to take over the prep work for dinner while I moved into a supervisory role. heh

For dinner we went "bistro" and had three dishes from FStoS: roast tomatoes stuffed with greens (with verbena ricotta cheese instead of goat cheese), mashed potatoes with Dijon mustard and vermouth topped with crispy shallots, and pan-fried steaks ("tenderized round steaks" from our cow) with red-wine and garlic sauce. That was good food.

Dessert was absolutely not required.

No comments: