Sunday, October 23, 2005

Saturday Overview

Yesterday was a pretty busy kitchen day, so I'll do an overview post and then follow with a couple recipes.

Things I made that weren't dinner:

  1. a loaf of bread: I used the hearth bread recipe this time to add some variety. We haven't tried any yet, but it looks awfully good
  2. a pot of beef stock: this still needs to be reduced some; I'll take care of that today
  3. a batch of "fiery pumpkin seeds" using the seeds from Andrea's Halloween pumpkin. The recipe for these is from Bittman, though I used a mixture of new mexican and pasilla chile powders
For dinner I sauteed the remaining mahi mahi fillets and served them on top of a garlic-laden reduced tomato sauce (recipe to follow). Our side dishes were creamed spinach (from Bittman) and stuffed acorn squash (recipe to follow). This was another wonderful meal.

No comments: