Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday Night: Cod "Provencal"

This meal came about because there was some Blaetterteig in the fridge that needed to be used and because I found some nice looking cod for half price at Coop.

My vocabulary has abandoned me this morning, so I can't come up with a good name for the first component of the meal, which was basically sauteed summer squash on puff pastry. I started by making a "box" out of the Blaetterteig and blind baking that. To fill the box I sauteed some thinly sliced onion, slices of summer squash, basil, and thyme until the squash started to soften. This mixture went into the box and I baked the whole thing until golden brown.

The Cod Provencal was based on a sauce (really a relish, I guess) I made from chopped tomatoes, capers, basil, garlic, and some slivered artichoke hearts (one of the stands at the market has excellent marinated artichoke hearts), and olive oil. I spooned this on top of the pieces of cod (pan roasted in olive oil). On the side I had basmati rice.

This was nice food.

No comments: