Monday, May 02, 2005

Saturday Night: Grilling

Saturday night I did a bunch of stuff on the grill. It had been too long since I did an all-grill meal. The menu was:

  1. grilled chicken livers with satay sauce from Thrill of the Grill: the variation here is that I used a Thai satay sauce that's been in the freezer since Kurt and Cheryl's shower.
  2. grill bread from Let the Flames Begin
  3. grilled vegetable salad: zucchini, onions, and red peppers grilled and then tossed with lemon juice and olive oil. Served over green lettuce
  4. grilled chicken wings: a mixture of plain wings and wings soaked all day in jerk marinade (from last week), served with 3 sauces:
    1. satay sauce
    2. banana-guava ketchup
    3. the sauce from the "Chicken Wings Basque Style" from Thrill of the Grill (This is garlic, parsley, rosemary, lemon, olive oil, tabasco)
No dessert from the grill, but I don't think any would have fit in my stomach.

Grilled chicken wings with assorted sauces will definitely have to stay on my list of things of things to make; they are just excellent.

No comments: