Monday, March 20, 2006

Sunday Night: Chicken with Two Vinegars

It's been a surprisingly long time since I last made this dish.

Yesterday's variation used a whole cut-up chicken, red wine and sherry (instead of champagne) vinegars and vermouth instead white wine. I left out the chicken stock, because that's just not needed. I thickened the final sauce a bit with potato starch so that it worked better on the pasta (farfalle this time).

To accompany the chicken, I sauteed some asparagus. Our asparagus guy at the farmers' market is now starting to have some really nice thick spears, which we really prefer. Plus he even gives discounts for getting thick bunches, since most Californians seem to prefer thin asparagus. I won't say anything bad about them for this, but I'm tempted to. Besides, it means we get the good stuff for cheaper. :-)

Fabulous, fabulous food.

No comments: