Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Monday: Wild-mushroom Risotto and Trout

At the market on Saturday we picked up 200 g of mixed wild mushrooms (I'm way too ignorant to even begin to name all the types beyond chantarelles and wood ear). So last night I did a risotto using those. I used 1.5 cups rice (carnaroli), 1 cup white wine (Mauritsons Sauv Blanc), three minced shallots, all the mushrooms (cooked in butter first), and chicken stock (bouillion).

To accompany the rice, I grabbed a couple of trout (lachsforellen) filets which I sauteed in butter and olive oil and served topped with fresh walnuts sauteed in the same pan.

To serve I topped the fish with chives and the risotto with parsley.

The risotto was quite good but the farmed trout just wasn't that interesting.

We also had a green salad and more of the Mauritsons as our wine.

No comments: