It's not quite summer yet, but the weather was acting summery, so we had friends over and did a southern barbecue:
- pork shoulder rubbed with "All South" rub (I substituted hot paprika for the chili powder and cayenne), smoked over hardwood logs, and basted with beer. Served sliced.
- beacon butcher barbecue sauce
- cole slaw ("Tidewater Coleslaw")
- baked beans ("Grandma Wetzler's Baked Beans")
- cornbread (my usual variation with extra corn meal and whole sweet corn)
With the exception of the margaritas and barbecue sauce, the recipes are all from Thrill of the Grill.
Altogether an excellent kickoff to grill season.