Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Monday Night: Pork Cutlet on Mashed Cauliflower

The original JPFF recipe for this uses chicken breasts (poached in water/butter) as the protein. I was in more of a pork mood when we went shopping on Sunday, so I subbed for the chicken.

I used standard boneless thick pork loin chops, but I cut them through the middle and pounded them out a bit to get "cutlets", then brined them for an hour or so. Rather than poaching the cutlets (which seems like a bad idea), I sauteed them lightly in a bit of butter.

This was a really nice and speedy (aside from the brining) meal, but the plate could have used some color on it; next time I'll have to do a vegetable side or something.

1 comment:

greg landrum said...

I haven't forgotten it at all. That ham is going to be showing up in our food for the next week or so (one of the nice things about country ham is that it keeps basically forever).