Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Catching up... again

We were travelling last week, so I didn't do any cooking.

On Friday night I made dinner at my parents' place for us, my parents, and Holly and Kristen.
I (really I should say "we", because Kristen did most of the grill work) made a big grilled vegetable salad with baby arugula, parsley, and romaine lettuce as the greens and grilled bell peppers (red, green, and yellow), anaheim chilis, fennel, and red onion. We also grilled some pork chops, shrimp (shell-on, skewered), and a couple pieces of ocean perch. As a sauce/salad dressing, I made a vinaigrette with olive oil, sherry vinegar, garlic, honey, and some parsley.

It made for some good eating.

Since getting back we've been working our way through some leftover ragu from the freezer (over penne on Monday night and over riced potatoes last night). Last night I did some braised carrots [CSA] with chicken stock, butter, and garlic to go along with the meat and potatoes. mmm, braised carrots.

No comments: