Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday at the Grill

Last night was a special occasion: the first use of the grill this year. We had a couple of friends over to help us celebrate. :-)

My contribution to the proceedings was a big plate of grilled vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, asparagus, cippolini onions, endive) served with a bärlauch vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was really supposed to be a mayonnaise, but that didn't work out (I need to successfully make mayonnaise in the near future or I'm going to develop a complex about it); still it was good. I also did some ground pork balls on skewers (ground pork, minced shallot, lemon zest, chopped sage, salt and pepper) that worked out quite nicely and complemented the vegetables well.

For some strange reason I also made dessert. I did a Nigella Lawson recipe for Aztec Chocolate Pudding. I think of this as more of a cake, but whatever the name it's a nice finisher. We ate it topped with soft, barely sweetened whipped cream.

No comments: