Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Monday Porkchops

I originally had another plan for the protein for last night's meal, but the Coop didn't have the necessary ingredient. So we did pork chops.

I did the chops very simply: I seasoned them and then sauteed them with some clarified butter. Once the were done, I removed them from the pan and then made a sauce by deglazing the pan with marsala, adding chopped shallots, and a bit of veal essence. After the shallots were tender and the sauce had reduced some I thickened it with a small amount of potato starch.

To accompany the chops I made the recipe for "Creamy Lima Bean Gratin" from JPFF using soisson beans instead of limas (can't find them here) and milk instead of cream. I'm sure that this is some classic French dish, but I haven't found the real name yet.

I also did a batch of sauteed vegetables with parsnips, celery root, yellow and orange carrot, kohlrabi, onion, garlic, and bacon. Seasoned with herbes de provence.

Very, very nice food.

We also had a green salad.

No comments: