Sunday, August 07, 2005

Shower Cooking List

This is the list of stuff I made for yesterday's wedding shower:

  1. Cheese plate with piave, tallegio, and fontal (to go with this I also got a bottle of port and a bottle of moscato d'asti)
  2. Panforte (following the recipe in The Cheese Course) to accompany the cheese
  3. Grilled pork tenderloin with ginger jam (from this week's Bittman column)
  4. Fresh cucumber salad (from Dakshin)
  5. Curd rice salad (from Dakshin)
  6. Oil Pickles ("Mixed Vegetable Atvar" from Salsas, Sambals, Chutneys, and Chowchows, but I used sambar powder instead of curry powder)
  7. Shrimp and cabbage salad ("Grilled and Chilled Shrimp with Cabbage and Peanuts" from Thrill of the Grill, but I left out the peanuts and broiled the shrimp instead of grilling them)
  8. Devil Shrimp (from JPFF, but I used pre-peeled shrimp, reduced the sauce by about half after they cooked, and thickened it with a bit of cornstarch so that the dish was better suited to serving on a plate and eating with toothpicks)
  9. Canapes of toasted baguette slices topped with goat cheese, fresh basil, oven-dried tomatoes, and good olive oil.
  10. I also made a batch of "Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Dip" from Big Flavors, but I forgot to bring the pita bread (for grilling) with me to the party and there was more than enough food anyway.

No comments: