Saturday, August 26, 2006

Friday Night: Spicy Shrimp and Rice

The main course here was "designed" to use up a bunch of stuff in our fridge (to clear it out for Saturday's shopping!). I sauteed some shelled shrimp in oil, removed them, then cooked a mixture of spring onions, chopped garlic, chopped green chili, and chopped onion. After the veggies softened, I added back the shrimp, along with some white wine, sweet paprika, smoked paprika, and a dash of sherry vinegar. After the liquid reduced a bit, I thickened it with potato starch, added some chopped coriander and served it.

In order to have it a bit more interesting I toasted the rice in peanut oil before cooking it in stock (bouillon).

As a side, I cut a couple of zucchini into sticks and then baked them with butter until they were soft. mmmm, good.

Of course we had a salad with this.

Wine: Abadia Retuerta 2000 Cuvee Palomar

No comments: