Friday, August 11, 2006

Thursday's Fish

This menu plan was started by some fennel from the market that we had sitting in the fridge. I actually did the planning in the morning so that Andrea could get stuff during the day instead of just making something up at the end of the day... crazy.

For the fish I followed the recipe for "red snapper with tomatoes and cream" from JPFF, except I used pangasius (=basa=catfish) instead of snapper and yellow onion instead of red.

I caramelized the fennel following a suggestion in CPV and served it on the side.

I roasted some whole fingerling potatoes with peanut oil, sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne.

This was some seriously good food.

We also had a green salad.

Wine: Pride Mountain 2005 Viognier, holy crap is that a remarkable wine. It's not the most food friendly white the world has ever seen, but it's amazing as a "cocktail wine".

No comments: