[Still shockingly behind]
Last week's cooking:
- Fish steamed on lettuce: inspired by the old Bittman recipe. I used cod and steamed it on lettuce together with some frozen peas
- Ensalada rusa: recipe from Wiener. This is great stuff and I'll have to make it again and again.
- Beans and greans: white beans and bacon done in the pressure cooker with yellow carrots, garlic, onion, chicken bouillon, bay leaf, cloves, and piri piris. Some nice bitter lettuce cooked in for the last few minutes. Served with parsley, chives, and olive oil
- A big hash : dice some potatoes and pan-fry them until they start to get crispy. Toss in a 170C oven. Cook some ground beef with salt until about done and set aside. Sweat diced carrot, long red pepper, onion, and garlic. Add the beef and potatoes. Serve topped with chives, together with sour cream and ketchup.
- Guacamole: avacodo, mashed garlic, salt, lime, 'tro, chipotle
- Sauteed chard with killed onions. From Hesser. A repeat.
- Cooked lettuce: boiled in well-salted water, then drained, chopped, and tossed with butter and a bit of yogurt.
- "Catalan vegetable paella": from Hesser.
- Vegetables with pasta: fresh tomatoes (peeled and chopped), minced onion, minced garlic, green beans (steamed to crisp-tender), diced zucchini (salted for a bit), whole-grain penne. Tossed with olive oil and black pepper and topped with shaved Sbrinz.