Monday, February 07, 2005

Saturday Night: Scallops with Ginger-Lemongrass Beurre Noisette

I didn't want to do anything incredibly involved on Saturday night, and I wanted to use up some of the scallops we have in the freezer. The idea of having them with a beurre noisette proceeded to take over my brain. Of course there is a series of beurre noisette recipes in FStoS (I don't remember it, but that's probably how the idea got in my head). So I settled on a variation of the ginger-lemongrass beurre noisette recipe they give for scallops. The initial variation was due to the fact that we had bay scallops instead of sea scallops. The second variation came about because we were unable to find fresh mint, so I subbed in cilantro.

The results, fucking around with an unfamiliar recipe or no, were most excellent. I made the full quantity of sauce which is nominally good for 4 servings, but Andrea and I had no problems finishing it between us. Spooning the sauce over sticky rice was heaven.

No comments: