Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Monday Night: Roasted Winter Vegetables; Saucisson Vaudoise

I loaded up on winter vegetables at the market on Saturday, so last night I prepared the first batch as roasted vegetables. I included leek, parsnip, turnip, and orange and yellow carrots, diced them medium (1-2 cm), and roasted them with thyme, rosemary, ground coriander, white and black pepper, sea salt, and olive oil.

Here's the "before" picture:

To go along with this, I stewed some savoy cabbage with onions and a dry white wine. 10 minutes before serving, I topped this with some slices of saucisson vaudoise and let them steam until cooked.

We ate the roasted vegetables topped with fresh parsley, and the cabbage topped with the sausage. Very good food... I like winter food a lot.

There was a green salad on the side.

No comments: