Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday: Veal Stew

At least they call it a stew in FStoS; here it's just called "Geschnetzeltes".
I threw the last of the leftovers in the freezer because I had to do some cooking. I think I'm going to make a conscious effort to do more FStoS recipes; I flipped through it again this weekend and found loads of fantastic sounding stuff that I haven't touched. There's a whole section on rabbit that would have been tricky in CA but that I could do now with no problem...

Anyway, tonight I made the version of Geschnetzeltes Zuricher Art that's in FStoS. My only deviation from the recipe (simple as it is) was to add chives instead of parsley when serving; they didn't have any flat parsley left at Coop and I'm not gonna put curly parsley on food.

I served the veal on broad noodles and made some fresh sauerkraut with white wine, juniper berries, and a bit of freshly ground coriander as a side.

We also had a green salad.

Wine: Baron de Hoën Beblenheim 2005 Gewürztraminer. Not a bad pairing, though a somewhat more austere wine wouldn't have been bad.

No comments: