Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tuesday night: Chinese

Andrea requested something Chinese, so that's what I did. Instead of the usual random stirfry, I pulled a recipe I haven't made before out of BittmanWorld: pork ribs with blackbean garlic sauce. Since it's a new recipe in a cuisine that I don't feel comfortable in, I followed the recipe pretty closely except for the meat. I didn't find ribs that had been cut in small pieces (and that wasn't going to happen at the Coop meat counter), so I used longer pieces of "pork breast" (includes more meat than the standard US rib cut). This didn't cause any problems. Er, I also used leeks instead of scallions because there were no scallions to be found.

To go with the pork I made broccoli braised in hoisin sauce and xiaoxing wine and white rice.

This really was nice food.

Wine: Les Tisserandes 2005 Chablis

No comments: