Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wednesday "Indian"

More like "Indian influenced" since I did this without recipes.

The main dish was a cut up baked chicken that I marinated in raita (yogurt, mint, toasted cumin, salt, pepper, dried chilis) overnight then baked at 160C in a covered pan. On the side I served more raita (no chilis, less salt).

I also roasted some baby potatoes after coating them with peanut oil, salt, garam masala, and BvG spice rub.

The veg was broccoli stewed with South Indian spices: Toast mustard seeds, curry leaves, urad dal, chilis, and asafoetida in oil until the mustard seeds start to pop. Add chopped onion, broccoli pieces, tamarind water, tomato paste, and a bit of stock (veggie stock would be "right", chicken is what I had). Cover and simmer until the broccoli is about done, then cook uncovered a few more minutes to reduce the sauce.

'twas all good food.

No comments: