Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Monday's Sauteed Vegetables

We had some veggies in last week's biokiste that were screaming to be made into a batch of sauteed vegetables, so that's what I did last night.

The vegetables I used were: large diced eggplant, large diced zucchini, halved small onions, large diced fennel, small diced carrot, all from the biokiste. I also added coarsely chopped garlic, some country ham that we brought back from North Carolina, a few grinds of coriander, a pinch of herbs de provence, and some stock (from Saturday). 10 minutes before serving I added a can of tomatoes (diced just before adding them).

I served the veggies on a bed of Ebli and topped each portion with chopped parsley and some chive oil. The veggies were quite nice, but I was disappointed by the contribution of the ham; it would have been better with smoked bacon.

We also had a big green salad and the last of the cheese soup from Sunday. The soup remains fantastic.

No comments: