Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday: meatloaf meatloaf meatloaf

Last weekend we got a Fleischwolf (meat grinder), and tonight I broke it in with a batch of stuff for meatloaf.

The mixture I made was 300g beef, 300g pork, and about 200g smoked beef tongue (leftover and frozen from December). I also ground in an onion and 5 or 6 allspice berries, added a couple of diced carrots, a diced stalk of celery, a sprig of chopped thyme, half a sprig of chopped rosemary, a good grind of black pepper, and a few pinches of salt. After gently mixing well, I formed this into a loaf, and then baked it at 160C for about an hour.

As sides I made a rösti, some braised radicchio, and a big green salad.

excellent food, which is good, because we're going to be eating meatloaf for the forseeable future.

No comments: