Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday Dessert: Clementine Clafoutis

Since I saw the Bittman recipe for clementine clafoutis a couple of weeks ago, it's been on the"must make" list. Rather than make it in a big dish I went for two small ramekins and then made a 1/3 portion of the batter.

The results were almost souffle like:
(of course they collapsed more or less immediately after the picture was taken).

The flavor was quite good, but I left them in the oven a bit too long, so the "cake" was a bit tough.

I'm going to have to stop saying "rare" in context with desserts. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg,
how long to bake it in a small dish like that?
Thanks!

greg landrum said...

I think I followed the recipe and left them in for 30-40 minutes. It was too long. I needed to keep a closer eye on them as they were cooking.

Anonymous said...

ok..thanks!!