Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wednesday Swiss

Tonight we had a couple more things from Kaltenbach. As a main dish I made an Emmenthaler sheep (well, lamb) ragout and as a side I did red cabbage with apples and wine.

For the ragout I pretty much followed the recipe, using a boneless lamb leg that we bought back in 2007 when lamb was on sale. I skipped the final enrichment of the sauce with cream and egg yolk, because it was plenty rich and delicious on its own. We ate the ragout with mashed potatoes and were very pleased with it.

The red cabbage recipe was pretty standard aside from the inclusion of the red wine and the use of dill and caraway. It's nice stuff.

I'm really enjoying this cookbook... it's easy to get ingredients appropriate for the time of year and the recipes are very satisfying both to make and to eat.

We also had a nice green salad.

No comments: