Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Tapas

This is what happens when I leave work earlyish and walk home so I have loads of time to think about what to make for dinner:

  1. Dates stuffed with bacon and broiled (warm)
  2. Almonds sauteed with cumin
  3. Peppadew peppers stuffed with manchego
  4. Elbow macaroni with a tomato-sour cream-sherry vinegar sauce (room temp)
  5. Potato salad with bacon, chives, sherry vinegar, olive oil, and fresh rosemary (warm)
  6. Summer squash (yellow and green) stir fried with finely diced (brunoise) carrot and served with "spanish pesto" (basil, toasted almond, manchego, olive oil), served hot
Loads of food, but very good food. All veggies were from the biokiste except the rosemary and basil, which came from our balcony.

Wine: Baron de Schiele Cremant d'Alsace. I almost bought a bottle of cava, but then I saw this bottle and tasted it in my head.

oh, and 7. green salad

No comments: