Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Monday: Roasted Chicken

I have to periodically roast a chicken just to remind myself that I'm not particularly good at it. Last night was the time.

I seasoned the chicken simply by rubbing the pulp from a preserved lemon quarter as well as some slivers of the rind under the skin of the breast. In the body cavity I put a some onion chunks and the rest of the preserved lemon quarter. 15 minutes into the roasting I added chunks of potato, carrot, and onion to the pan. When the bird was done I pulled it and roasted the vegetables, along with some chunks of yellow summer squash, and additional 15 minutes. All vegetables were from the biokiste.

This turned out quite nicely. The thighs weren't cooked quite as far as I would like, but that's a problem that will solve itself when I reheat them (yesterday we just ate the breast). The vegetables were very good (I have no problem with roasting vegetables).

We also had a green salad.

No comments: