Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tuesday's Salads (and "Pie")

It's hot again, so cooking can be less than completely fun. Last night we just had salad to go along with the leftover pork chops. In addition to the standard green salad, I made an Ebly-salad from cooked hartweizen, thinly sliced fennel, thinly sliced onion, fresh basil, sherry vinegar, and olive oil.

We also had, wonder of wonders, dessert. With so many cherries, something had to be done. Pie, as suggested by BrianS, is definitely a good way to do something, but I didn't want to make a crust. So I used the leftover puff pastry from last week's potpie. I started by lining a couple ramekins with pastry and blind baking that. After filling with cherries I topped with another layer of pastry and then baked the whole thing until nicely browned up top. We ate this at room temp topped with quark:Nice dessert!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I approve. Looks dee-lish.