Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sunday: a panforte experiment

Somehow over the past couple of weeks panforte kept coming up. Then this week's Splendid Table Baker's Chronicle came with a panforte recipe. It was clear that I need to make it again.

I used the Splendid Table recipe, but I only made a half recipe. The quantities I ended up using, converted to a form that's easier here to do in "weigh your ingredients" land:
100g orangeat
100g dried apricots (I used sour ones, which I think was a good idea)
80g dried figs
200g almonds
100g hazelnuts
65g flour
175g sugar
230g honey
1 Tbs cinnamon
2tsp cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
a couple of grinds of black pepper
45g butter

I think I didn't bake it quite long enough because the resulting thing, though very, very tasty, is a bit sticky.

very, very tasty.

No comments: