Monday, November 22, 2004

Sunday's Prep Fest

I spent a lot of Sunday doing advance prep for Thanksgiving. Aside from getting most of the shopping done I:

  1. Made the Parker House Rolls and froze them (they need a couple of minutes of baking to finish anyway).
  2. Made some cornbread for the cornbread stuffing. I used the Bittman cornbread recipe since it has a higher ratio of cornmeal to flour, but the cornbread turned out... odd. I need to make another batch anyway in order to have a sufficient quantity, so I'm going to make sure that the weirdness isn't due to the oil temperature. We'll see
  3. Made a batch of Eierlikor to test out Andrea's mother's recipe.
  4. Andrea made the first big batch of Plätzchen to use up the egg whites and start getting ready for the holidays.

No comments: