Sunday, April 01, 2007

Saturday Apero: Tuna in Herb Vinaigrette

I really wanted to use raw tuna in this, but I'm not sure that I can even find sushi-grade tuna here and I definitely wouldn't want to pay for it. So my work around was to get a piece of yellow-fin tuna and slow roast it (100C for 35-45 minutes) with salt and olive oil.

When the tuna was cooked, I flaked it by hand and then folded it gently with finely chopped chives and Bärlauch, black pepper, and a thin mayonnaise/vinaigrette made from an egg yolk and a mix of peanut and olive oils and a bit of sherry vinegar. (Yes, this was supposed to be a normal mayo, but I somehow screwed it up, again. I need to go back to the cookbook and return to the basics.)

I let the mixture marinate for a couple hours in the fridge and then served it at room temp with crackers. Very, very nice.

No comments: