Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tuesday and its Skewers

This piece of randomness came about because I ended up at the store without a clear plan in mind.

I marinated some pork chunks (3cm, Schweinehals) in a mixture of sweet paprika, smoked paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, sherry vinegar, and red wine. These I threaded onto skewers with precooked potatoes [box] and dates. I also steamed some cipollini onions with a bit of white wine and some olive oil. After drizzling the skewers with olive oil, I broiled them in a pre-heated cast iron skillet along with the onions.

These were not bad, but they would have been better with a sharper marinade and with dates that had been soaked in water for a bit to plump them up some.

I also found some orach (Rote Gartenmelde) in the Coop, so I picked that up and sauteed the leaves in some butter.

We had, of course, a green salad on the side.

No comments: