Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Monday: smoked salmon and roasted potato wedges

Last night I used the second half of the package of smoked salmon from Saturday's meal. The salmon itself was very simple: I pan seared it (30 seconds per side) and topped it with fresh parsley and chives.

I also roasted some potatoes (we ordered a bag of potatoes from our farm) that I had cut into relatively thin wedges (like English chips) and then tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Doing the potatoes in thinner wedges produced a really nice, almost french-fry like result.

To counteract the richness of the other two components of the meal, I cut a zucchini into matchsticks and a carrot into threads, steamed them, and then tossed them with chives and a very small amount of butter. Both zukes and carrots were from the biokiste.

We had a nice nüssli salad to round out the meal.

No comments: