Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tuesday: Zwiebelkuchengratin

We had some zwiebelkuchen topping (onions+bacon+sour cream+egg+caraway) leftover from Saturday. Rather than make a new crust for it or buy one, I decided to try an experiment and use it as the topping for a gratin.

So I took some waxy potatoes, peeled them, cut them into 5mm slices, and boiled them for a few minutes until they started to get tender. In the meantime I preheated a gratin dish with some olive oil in the bottom. When the potatoes were ready, I layered them into the gratin dish (2 layers) and then topped them with the onion mixture. This was then baked (190C) until browned on top and bubbly.

It was a successful experiment. :-)

I also made some mixed sauteed vegetables using corn, long peppers, onions, garlic, and parsley [all from the biokiste except the garlic].

Of course we also had a green salad.

No comments: