Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wednesday Chinese

It had been a while since I made anything from Land of Plenty. Last night I did "dried-fried eggplant" and "stir fried water spinach with chili and szechuan pepper" (instead of spinach I used escarole, because that's what we had in the biokiste).

As a main course I did a pork stirfry of my own invention. I cut a couple of pork shoulder steaks into slivers and marinated them with corn starch, xiao xing wine, and soy sauce. Then I stir fried the pork with some slivered garlic. Just before taking the wok off the heat I added chopped fresh ginger, soy sauce, black chinese vinegar, and a bit of xiao xing.

I'm not a big fan of whole szechuan pepper (the texture bothers me, I really prefer it to be ground) so I found the greens to be less than 100% pleasing, but the other two dishes were very good.

Of course we had rice and a green salad with this.

No comments: