Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Monday: Pork with leeks, mushrooms, and tomato

This was an improv to use up some of the stuff in the fridge.

I started by seasoning and nicely browning a piece of pork faux filet. I set the pork aside, added some chopped leeks and mushrooms to the pan with a pinch of salt and cooked until those started to brown. I then added a splash of white wine, a bit of chicken stock and some pureed tomatoes, a good grind of pepper, and a couple piri piri peppers. Once this reached the simmer, I put the pork back in, covered the pan and let it simmer until the pork was almost done. I removed the pork again and covered it, then cooked for another five or so minutes to thicken the sauce. Just before serving, I sliced the pork and added it back to the sauce to reheat.

We ate this with leftover grain "risotto" and carrots with leeks from Saturday.

Oh, and a green salad.

No comments: