Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday: garbage soup

Tonight I made garbage soup to finish off some of the stuff in the fridge.
I sauted some onion, garlic, carrot, and celery with cumin seeds in a bit of olive oil until the vegetables started to soften. I added some chopped grünkohl and sauteed a bit longer. Then I added diced ham and turkey and some turkey stock. I made the stock a bit more interesting by adding chopped chipotle, soy sauce and a bit of tomato paste. After this came to a boil I added leftover cooked rice and cooked until the greens were basically done. Just before serving I added some canned black beans.

We ate this with some corn tortillas Andrea picked up in Zurich.

footnote: Andrea correctly points out that I shouldn't really count it as "finishing off" leftovers when I just created a whole pot of leftover soup.

No comments: