Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Monday night: Southeast asian

For last night's main course I did the recipe for "Two-Way Chicken" from BittmanWorld using leg quarters instead of a whole chicken. I otherwise basically followed the recipe but made the mistake of using dark soy sauce (instead of standard) in the marinade: dark soy sauce burns too easily to be able to effectively brown the chicken. Ah well, the chicken wasn't browned so the dish wasn't as good as it could have been; it was still quite good. I did a full recipe of sauce and a half recipe of chicken, so we had plenty of delicious sauce for our rice.

As a side I cooked some frozen spinach with minced lemon grass, keffir lime leaves, and soy sauce. Just before serving I drained off the extra liquid and added a bit of butter, a splash of soy, and a squeeze of lime.

No comments: